Here's the gig: I have to answer Judy's questions, then ask eleven of my own, then tag eleven others to answer my questions.
1. Dogs, cats or neither?
Neither. I really really love children, but I have no desire to clean up after a pet--however, I love and honor other people's love of their pets and think it's beautiful that they find joy in those relationships...and, it's not a relationship that I want personally.
2. What is your favorite holiday (besides Christmas) and why?
The 4th of July!!! I think just because that's the next one coming up. It is a dear friend's birthday that day, and a bunch of families gather and celebrate the day and enjoy each other's company. And we eat...a lot. Possibly more than we could lift, which, according to Miss Piggy, is a big no no, and, really good advice. Think about it, "Never eat more than you can lift."
See? Smart, right?
3. What is the greatest life lesson I've learned so far?
The greatest life lesson I have learned so far is that I get to choose my life. I get to choose who I include, what I think, and how I respond to any situation. This also makes is really apparent that if things aren't going well, then that's my choice too. So when you find me screaming at traffic, come get me, will ya?
4. Is it easy for you to say "I'm sorry?"?
Yes. In fact, it's easy for me to say just about anything. And since I suffer from chronic "foot in mouth" disease, it is not only EASY for me to say "I'm sorry" it is imperative!
5. What is one place in the U.S. you've always wanted to visit?
I've always wanted to visit the Bayou. When I do I will don my overalls and get my banjo and then I will sing Hank Williams at the top of my lungs, "Jumbalaya, a-crawfish pie, and a file gumbo!! Cause tonight I'm gonna see my ma cher a mio!" Seriously. I'm gonna.
6. How do you deal with anger?
I cry. Then I walk. Then I walk until I'm done with it--and it's somewhere in all this walking that I realize that anger is my choice, and not real at all. It's not possible to go out and fill up a bucket with anger. I'm serious. Try it. I'll wait.
See. It can't be done.
So then it dawns on me that the anger I feel is a choice, because my anger is just a response from my ego which feels offended or bruised--or whatever--and is always trying to Edge God Out. If I let go of my ego, and let God come right in and make himself comfy on the couch in my mind, and we chat for a few minutes, then I realize that my anger has been replaced by love, and I don't know about you, but I like love a lot better than anger.
7. Comedies or drama? Favorite?
Both. When someone asks me my favorite movie, I go all "deer in headlights" and I remember any movie I've ever seen. I've considered tattooing my favorite movies on my arm or something, but then I wouldn't have anywhere to write my grocery list.
8. When was the last time you laughed out loud?
Funny that you should ask me this! Actually, it was just this morning. And I will show you why:
In case you can't read it, it says, "Do this everyday.: 20 crunches, 15 crunches, 10 crunches, 5 crunches, 10 good push ups, cool down, 20 side punches, 10 squats." And this is all admirable--but my favorite thing is in the right bottom corner it says, "Eat Pie."
Sound advice for healthy living at any age, I say.
9. Are you who you want to be? Anything you would change?
I am who I want to be. I wouldn't change a thing---unless it would be to hire a cook. *insert sly smile here* Because I have some serious loathsome feelings about cooking dinner every night--it's not normal. In fact, this week we've been preoccupied with helping some friends move and I've been overjoyed that I've just been to busy to cook. Seriously, that's sick.
10. Do you have a hero? Who? Why?
I do. In fact, I have quite a few. I won't call them all out here, but the thing that they all have in common is that they lift, love, give and bring joy in everything that they do.
11. Have you ever lied about your age or weight? In what circumstance?
Duh! Ever heard of a driver's license??
So here are my eleven questions:
1. Do you like your first name? Why?
2. What is your favorite television show? Why?
3. What is the greatest life lesson you've learned?
4. Who is your favorite author?
5. If you could be a pair of shoes, what kind of shoes would they be?
6. Twilight. Love it? Hate it? ;) (If you don't know what it is, lucky you.)
7. (Besides blogging,) what's your favorite hobby?
8. Are you a fan of eggs? What kind?
9. Where is the most exotic place you've ever traveled?
10. What's the WORST thing you've ever eaten. (If it's your mother-in-laws cooking, I'll never tell...)
11. Can you keep a house plant alive?
And here are my taggees: ALL OF YOU! If you've stopped by, please join in the fun and play along!
Ready? Set? GO!