Monday, March 11, 2013

Bloggers that Became Friends

I had the awesome privilege to have breakfast with one of my favorite bloggers yesterday morning. She also happens to be a personal friend, but we started out our friendship through the blogosphere.

It got me thinking about the blogs I read and how many of the bloggers I know have turned into true friends. Friends who support, uplift, give awesome advice and share their joy like sunshine. We've traded emails, met in person, or we have friended one another on Facebook.

What ever the connection now, it started out as a blogging connection. So I though I'd share with you a few of my favorites:

Sweet Tea & Sunshine My friend, Sherilee writes this gem of a blog. We began as blogging buddies then branched out into "real life" friendship, which includes going out to breakfast, eating scones, and taking pictures of our food. She has a wicked sense of humor and sheds her love on others freely. Her blog has a little food and a little gratitude-- She is also really good at checking us "in" on Facebook and now my online life looks more glamorous thanks to her.

The Modest Peacock Jenny and I became friends when we started sharing snail mail. I'd followed her blog for a while and what struck me is that every person that commented on her blog she commented right back. She is incredibly creative and shares her love of music, sewing, tea and books. I'm comvinced that she is responsible for keeping the art of letter writing alive and each of her letters is a gift!

Life on the Muskoka River Cathy is the first person I told about Mountain Man leaving his job. (I know this sounds random, so hang in there--) There was something about telling someone not in my immediate vincinity that made it less terrifying. Her kindness stopped me cold and held me back from the edge. She's a damn fine writer too, and I have been known to start laughing out loud in the wee hours of the morning (lying in bed) while reading her posts. Mountain Man will roll over and mutter sleepily, "Are you reading Cathy?"

A Heart 4 Heaven This is my friend, Elaine's blog. I have gone to it over and over and EVERY TIME I come away feeling peaceful, lifted and focused. She has a gift of taking the ever day and turning it into a call to come closer to Love. Who wouldn't want that?

Delightfully Ludicrous Kellie cracks me up--and anyone who can make me laugh over and over I know is a true friend. Her posts are as random as mine (probably why I like her) and she covers a myriad of topics with humor, candor and thoughtful wit. Enjoy her blog and I dare you not to laugh out loud!

Blogging For Brenda This blog is the only one that is breaking my rule here--Emily and I were friends in junior high. In fact, you could say I've been "following" her for a while now--but don't, because that now just sounds creepy. Anyway, Emily and I go waaaaaaaay back. She truly LOVES people--and I love her blog. Her kindness, caring and delight in others infuse every post. She began this blog as a result of her work as a teacher and meeting a Congolese refugee, named Brenda. In addition to being a teacher, Emily and her husband also run a company called  ON--Originally New. For each tee you purchase, they give one to someone in need.
Everything Emily does is to serve others. In her "about me" on her blog it reads, "I love people."
Yes, indeed, she does.

If you get a moment, I hope you check these blogs out--they lift, inspire, encourage and just bring joy!

Who are some of your favorite bloggers?

20 comments:

  1. Oh my. I can't see to type right now because I'm bawling. I've been a pretty lacklustre blogging buddy and I haven't written anything fit to read for so long I forget how. But hey, knowing you're out there in this big old world and you're going through almost exactly the same thing, gives me strength. Not to mention that you're the big inspiration for going grey. I wish I was there to share scones. I wish you knew how much this meant, just now, on this lonely night. ("Are you reading Cathy?" Died there. Died.)

    Oh feck... way to go, girl. Listen, stop making me bawl and go find The Followers. Nothing like an old-fashioned serial killer drama with Kevin Bacon to curdle your loins.

    Thanks for this.
    And you've mentioned some pretty amazing bloggers. The wonderful ones I don't know, I will check out.
    When I can see straight, that is.
    HUGS. And thanks. ox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love LOVE you!!! You bring light like the sun! And recommend good t.v. too....;) xoxoxo

      Delete
  2. Completely honored to be on your list and in your life. Breakfast yesterday was a true treat. The way you share your life, and live your life, is an inspiration to me. Bless you, and can't wait to breakfast with you in PDX soon-ish! xoxo

    Now, off to check out some of your blogging buddies and meet some new peeps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love their blogs as much as I love yours....and scones. :)

      Delete
  3. Aw shucks, I'm blushing! Thanks honey, I think you're hilarious too. In fact, we're both a riot! Go us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, if you would just share your accent (which I secretly covet) with me!!!! ;) xoxo

      Delete
    2. Oh, and kellie, I thought it ONLY right to include you on this list because I swore to delete your internet history when you die (heaven forbid!) And I expect the same....;)

      Delete
  4. Wow!!! Totally honored to be on your list, because you are my blogging HERO. From the moment I found your blog (was it while A-to-Zing last year?!) your sucked me in...first just with the title...then with unstoppable laughter as I read your posts...then into your life as you have detailed it, the good, the bad, the sad, and just the thoughtful moments that meant something to you. Thank you for sharing your hope, love and laughter with the rest of us! I am excited to check out the other blogs on your list because I know that if you like them, I will, too! And mostly thanks for being my friend and counting me as one of yours - it means the world to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are love personified, Elaine!!!!!! Xoxo

      Delete
  5. I get to meet up with Kyra Lennon occasionally - it would be more if our schedules allowed it. It's fantastic when you meet someone in real life for the first time, because you already have history, know the same people and are essentially friends! It's so cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like there are SO many bloggers and yet we are all six degrees of separation apart....it's weird. I hope to be able to meet more bloggers in the future!

      Delete
  6. Awww! :) You are so sweet!!! I am completely humbled that you included me in this list of awesome!

    I adore sharing snail mail with you! (Your next installment is in tomorrow morning's outgoing stack, btw! Get ready to laugh and cry! :D ) I have some top secret news to share and I totally know what you mean about when you tell someone outside of the immediate family circle! I have met so many other wonderful bloggers through you!

    HUGS to you!!!!! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love to you my friend!!!!! Xoxoxo

      Delete
  7. I can't believe you gt to have so many bloggy buddies in your real life (and that they live only breakfast distance away!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only one does! So I make sure I drive over frequently so I can enjoy her!!

      Delete
  8. Thank you for being such a wonderful supportive friend to Cathy! You are rather wonderful yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. In the comment sections of our blogs, myself and another blogger got to know each other and started dating despite the fact that we were 900 miles apart when this started. Now we see each other every weekend and are talking about getting married. I love my blog.

    Dropping by from A to Z Challenge. This is my first year participating.

    Brett Minor
    Transformed Nonconformist

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lisa, I am sure you'd be on so many bloggers' lists as well. What a nice tribute to your friends. I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've only met one of my favorite bloggers...and I flew across the country to do so...and we had a blast. I admit it, it was kinda scary, agreeing to meet with a "total" stranger and then actually stay in her house with her for a week, but it worked out. We were both the people we blog to be. I have a few others I hope to meet someday, but they all live all over the place. Hey...it gets me traveling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you would enjoy my Aunt Cori's blog: http://coriconnors.blogspot.com/
    She is a singer songwriter, and kindred spirit. Enjoy her gift.

    ReplyDelete